WARDROBE RENTAL POLICY
- New Account Information sheets must be completed, signed, and approved by Eastern Costume’s accounting department before any rentals will be written up and released.
- A Certificate of Insurance is required to rent wardrobe and props. Orders under $2500 do not require a COI but may require a deposit up to 3 times the rental amount. A deposit equal to the insurance deductible or the actual replacement costs may be required for any rental not charged to an in-house account. Deposits will be refunded by check only.
- Weekly rentals are to be returned within 10 business days from the date of rental. All rental items kept past the initial 10-day period will be automatically re-billed at the production rental rate. Production rentals are to be returned within 15 weeks from the date of rental. All rental items kept past the initial 15-week period will be automatically billed for a second production rental at 5%of the production rental rate per week.
- Approvals are subject to a restocking fee. Certain items, including shoes, accessories, hats and insignia, are not released on approval. No approvals will be released for photo shoots or during holiday weekends.
- Canceled orders are subject to Costume House Labor and restocking fees.
- No item(s) may be placed on hold before an account has been set up and verified. Rentals may be placed on hold 5 days prior to the pick-up date and any hold item that is not rented will incur a 25% restocking charge. Rentals placed on hold upon return will incur a charge of 5% of the production rental rate per week for each week past the 15-week rental period. All holds are subject to approval by management.
- The renting party acknowledges that it has inspected that items are in good condition and working order. Any undocumented damages must be reported to Eastern Costume within 72 hours or be subject to damage fees.
- Made-to-order items require a prepayment of 50% of the estimated cost prior to the beginning of work. The remaining balance is due on delivery.
- The renting party is responsible for all costs, taxes, levies, tariffs, and other fees assessed for shipping and transportation of items. The renting party may choose to provide their own third-party delivery service to receive and return item(s). If third-party shipping information is not provided, orders will be shipped using Eastern Costume’s preferred service provider and subject to a 20% surcharge.
- Wardrobe must be returned dry cleaned and unaltered. Any item(s) not returned clean will be charged a cleaning fee, payable upon return of rentals. Any damage to the wardrobe/props due to items added by the customer (e.g. patches with adhesive backing, Stitch Witchery, etc.) will result in loss/damage replacement fees. Vintage or specialty clothing is required to be cleaned at La Cienega Cleaners, Milt & Edie’s or Five Star Custom Dry Cleaners. Vintage items damaged during the cleaning process will incur a charge equal to the replacement value stated on the rental sheet.
- A copy of the rental sheet matching the item(s) must be attached to your return(s). Any item(s) not appropriately marked with a sheet and line number will be subject to costume house charge of $40.00 per order.
- Eastern Costume reserves the right to charge the customer/company the replacement value listed on the rental sheet. We reserve the right to accept or decline any replacement items in exchange for the lost or damaged property. Tailor shop labor, shopping and material costs on made-to-order or specialty items will be charged to duplicate any item. In case of theft or damage of the rental property, the customer must notify Eastern Costume within 24 hours.